Erased Women's Art Expo

I took part in a event for Women's history month on March 27th. The event is to announce my favorite poems about women. There are about 20 participants in a room. My friends and I didn't prepare the poem for announcing. As we didn't know what to do, our anxiety just kept growing. My friend asked a student who was sitting in front of me "What should we do?" Then she told me "You can announce your favorite poems. If you just watch announcements, it will be all right." Some people quoted poems from Staying Alive. The book is assembling a diverse mix of contemporary poets. It has many kind of genres about women like passion, love and life.
 It was difficult for me to understand the contents of poems. I think listening and speaking are so hard part of learning other languages. So, it was hard for me to listen to poems and imagine backgrounds. However, I had a good opportunity to know poems in English. If I have an opportunity someday , I will possibly try it. In short, this month gave me the impression that leaning women's history is important. I'm looking forward to joining events in the next month.

Comments