The last blog

 I think I would like to share about a volunteer and trip to Atlanta.


 First, I would like to introduce working as a volunteer at UTC garden on May 3rd. I'm interested in the environment, I'm going to decide to it as my major. I studied vocabulary connected with plants and the environment. Also, I read the website about the UTC Teaching and Learning Garden (TLG) before working as a volunteer. Then, I learned 2 significant things. First, I knew that TLG donates to a local community kitchen in Chattanooga. It's important for everyone to strike a good balance to stay healthy, so I was surprised the effort at TLG. Second, I knew that TLG can be used as class credit at some universities. In my opinion, most of university students in Japan think that working as a volunteer is not important. However, if they knew the class credit, the number of students who work as a volunteer would increase. Also, I felt my university in Japan has to raise awareness for environmental issues through the volunteer work.


 Second, I went to Atlanta with my classmates and ESL teachers on May 11th. First of all, we visited World of Coca-Cola. Luckily, we met same university student and I thought it's a small world! My favorite part of  World of Coca-Cola is tasting. I found the worst and best flavor at the part of tasting.  Next, we visited National Center for Civil and Human Rights. I have studied and heard about America Civil War and slavery from my friends and ESL teacher. However, the displays are more shocking when I saw them in person. At the same time, I felt that I have to increase my vocabulary, because there are full of wonders and unknown vocabulary for me. Then, my most interesting point is the global human rights movement. I studied about international cooperation connected with women's and children's rights when I was a freshman in my university. So, the display about child labor is easy to understand for me.






 After all, I had a great opportunity at UTC. I'm really glad to meet nice teachers and friends! I would like to say "thank you" to my parents who gave me a chance to study in USA. If my studying abroad finished, I would like to study English hard. Also, I would like to apply what one has learned to the future.

Comments